Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Zara's First Vaccine


Today, I left Zara at home with a friend. I had to report to the office and I had no choice. Zara has to get used to it anyway.

After office, I got home immediately. Partly because I'm excited to see her and partly because I will bring her to the vet for her first vaccine.

The vet asks questions about her and later on weighed her. She weighed an amazing 2 kilogram. The vet says it's still normal in her age (7 weeks).

Now, the inevitable came. She was to be injected and unbelievably, I'm the one who's afraid. The vet told us to hold her while she prepare to inject Zara and I did so but I guess Zara can feel my tension so, she too, keeps on wriggling. After 2 tries, the vet told me to relax and hold Zara gently. I did as told and luckily, Zara did not flinch when the needle goes inside her skin.

I was worried why Zara did not feel anything, because she has no reaction at all. But, after a minute, she cries like a baby. I feel sorry for her and the vet just keeps reassuring her and massaging her back where the needle was injected.

After that painful encounter, Zara weakens. It's normal though, according to the vet.

The vet  then gives out instructions and soon after, Zara got her Health Card.

Here is some pictures of Zara when we got home from the clinic.


1 comments:

Aiza said...

AWwwww, ka cute sa iya! :)

Post a Comment